Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I GET MY DRINK ON



Aug 17th 2011, 08:55 by E O Hatterpol | 1228 AU FROM SUN


NIXIE sipped sweet tea.  Ravi brought appletinis to his lips.  I chugged Whale Ales.


Time to get to the bottom of this outer space Starbase Octopus zonbi murder mystery, y'all.


"Something IS happening on Starbase Octopus," I confessed.


Ravi furled his paperback brows.


"Around the time you guys got here, girls began disappearing," Nixie explained.  "Nobody important at first; just the cleaning staff."


Ravi frowned.


"I know, right?  Isn't it terrible how people treat people like that?  It's just disgusting," she said, balling up the paper from her sweet tea straw and tossing it onto the bar for the tender to throw away.  "But then it got worse.  More girls disappeared.  Nobody knew where they went.  Nobody knows where they are now."


"Who's behind this?" Ravi asked.


"Someone called 'Master Bokor'," I said, knocking the last of my Whale Ale back.  "Nixie?"


"Go ahead," she said.

"Thanks, I'll get you back.  I got a hollow leg, what can I say?  The beer gets in me and then I just can't help it."



"And what's his agenda, then?" Ravi asked.


"No idizzle-bizzle," I slurred.


"We stumbled on a poor girl at the DSOD who told us she was a zonbi, and that she was being controlled by someone called Master Bokor," Nixie explained.  "That's the only lead we've got."


"Well, shoot," said Ravi, putting down his appletini.  "I don't know much about Caribbean culture, but I know somebody who does."


---

SEE next post for choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment