Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CRISIS IN HEARTBREAK'S GYM



Aug 23rd 2011, 8:37 by E O Hatterpol | 1228 AU FROM SUN


I BUSTED into Heartbreak's gymnasium, bookshield to chest.  I nearly lost my jaw; I couldn't even begin to process what was happening.


Some of it was bizarre; most of it was chaotic; but one bit in particular was mortifying.


Nixie, sweet, sweet Help and Welcome Department Nixie, her back a bloody mess, with welts swelling up between tatters of sweater fabric.  Her arms were tied above her to a rail along a mirrored wall; her reflection was a smear of eyeliner-stained tears and snot, all screwed up and unrecognizable in its pain.


Heartbreak lashed her viciously, his boxing gloves tight around a bullwhip.  She cried out, and the sound of her agony nearly broke me.  The bastard turned to me with a double-decker smile on his face.  I think he took sick pleasure in the fact that he was hurting me, too.


"I'll tear your guts from your body and make a noose of them!" I screamed, dropping into a dash across the room.


"Girls," he said calmly.


I don't know where the supercharged female zonbi gymnasts came from; a beastly anger had so consumed me I had lost all peripheral vision.  There was only Heartbreak, and he was framed in pumping red fury.  Two of the girls grabbed either arm, and another two curled themselves up into balls around my ankles.  I was completely jiggered.


"I want you to watch," Heartbreak said, taunting me.  "I want you to watch while your best girl becomes just another extension of me.  I want you to watch while I steal out her soul.


"I want you to watch while I turn her into a zonbi."


His laughter was an aristocratic tsunami, threatening to swallow me up and carry me out to sea.


--- 


FLYBRARIANS, I am utterly at a loss.  Four supercharged female zonbi gymnasts have me by the limbs; I'm powerless to stop this.  What should I do?!


A: Pledge my allegiance.  Heartbreak is clearly stronger than I and the only way to survive is to sacrifice Nixie and join him.


B: Something, anything other than choice A! Summon my blue energy, thrash about as hard as I can, I don't know, anything! Nixie!!


Choose Our Own Adventure in the comments section below, on TwitterGoogle+Facebook or EOHatterpol[at]gmail[dot]com.

3 comments:

  1. EO the choice is obvious! HELP Nixie! Go get Ravi to stop his face in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flourish in the face of adversity.....Call upon your inner strength, EO and soldier through it....If you can defeat Makemake, you can find a way to defeat Heartbreak and save Nixie....CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS, Colonel! I'd advise you to get the shell off Starbase Octopus as fast as you can -- I don't want anything to happen to the Starship Dryheave!

    ReplyDelete