Thursday, April 21, 2011

PIRATES!



Apr 21st 2011, 11:40 by E O Hatterpol | KUIPER BELT DAY 17


PIRATES! PIRATES BOARDING THE STARSHIP FLYBRARY!


THEY APPEAR TO BE USING A COMBINATION OF QUICK, TRADITIONAL SHIPS & SLOW, REINFORCED TANKS THAT BLEND IN WITH THE SURROUNDING ROCK DEBRIS. SHOULD HAVE SEEN THEM YESTERDAY THROUGH THE BARNACLE - THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ANOTHER ASTEROID.


CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS ALREADY WON. FLYBRARIANS TO BE SOLD INTO SLAVERY. ENERGY IS BEING CUT OFF TO ALL ORGANS TO CRIPPLE OUR DEFENSES. NEED SOMEWHERE TO HIDE, SOMEWHERE WHERE NOBODY WILL FIND ME. SAID I WOULD NEVER GO BACK, BUT I AM BEING FORCED TO FLEE INTO THE HALF-GLOOM OF THE BOOK STA-


-- Transmission Intercepted --

5 comments:

  1. Have courage EO! All hope can't be lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO one can overcome the power of a good book! With any luck, they will become distracted by the amazing amounts of literature and that will win you enough of a distraction to free the passengers and retake the ship!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms Byrne, thanks for the courage. Maybe I'll look you up if I ever make it back to Earth.

    I WISH it had been that easy, Oru. We got ourselves deep into a tangle... but a 700 lb. sling-book wielded by a ten-foot tall pile of sturdy books did have a power that no pirate could overcome, you're exactly right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PIRATES!!! My stars, Hatterpol, no deliberation: RUN!!! We writers aren't exactly known for surviving pirate attacks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL yeah I know. I was one terrified travel writer

    ReplyDelete