Thursday, April 14, 2011

WE'RE 200 STRONG! YOOOOOOSH!!



Apr 14th 2011, 14:40 by E O Hatterpol | KUIPER BELT DAY 10

HUZZAH!  The Starship Flybrary is over 200 strong on Twitter & our honorary crew is growing every day!

Just after blastoff back on Earth, I was worried I wouldn't be able to make any friends.  I was worried I had got myself into a long, lonely trip, but now I see I've got plenty of people back on Earth spurring me onwards!

I'm happy for each new day aboard the Flybrary & am nearly bursting at the seams to land on the Homesphære!

Well, I'm off to the Whale's Liver to raise a pint in your honour!  Or two pints!  Probably three pints.

Once I've got enough courage in my guts, I'm plunging back into those bookstacks.  All 200+ of you are like my own personal Falkor, the luckdragon (can you tell I'm a few chapters into The Neverending Story?); with your help, I'm sure to get to the bottom of this mystery!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Huzzah, hurrah, break out the butterbeer and tea! Wake the mustard pot, ring the bells, pull the Cap'n's beard (-nervously- no harm intended, Captain)!!! YYYESSS!!!!!

    But I am ASTONISHED at the lack of replies on this post!! Everyone must have simultaneously fallen asleep as they began to type and forgotten what they were doing when they awoke. Such plans and plots will, you will find, dear Hatterpol; begin to appear when one claims any sort of loyalty to the Doctor. The Master (oh, but have you met him yet? He's as much a staple as the Daleks! Let me know when you do!) absolutely DESPISES Whovians and wouldn't dare let them get on easily. No, they've all forgotten how excited and wonderfully happy and thrilled they are!!!

    As for me, if ever you return to our humble planet and find yourself in Dallas, let me buy you a coffee to celebrate! 200 HOO-HA!!!

    (P.S. Nope! Couldn't even tell you knew what "Neverending Story" was.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S a deal, Princess! My father's side of the family lives in & around Dallas. Who knows what will happen once the Starship Flybrary gets teleportation capabilities?

    Don't think I've met the Master yet, but my favourite so far is the Cyber Commander: "This is the Age of Steel; and I am its creator."

    Epic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've met the Master - the drumming! Our commentary on this blog is highly disjointed.

    It's like the Doctor says in that one episode with the angels that live in quantum lock & he has to communicate with Sally Sparrow through DVD easter eggs from 1969 to retrieve his TARDIS: it's "timey-wimey".

    ReplyDelete
  4. here as always, so journey on, knowing someone is listening, watching...

    ReplyDelete