Thursday, June 30, 2011

E O HATTERPOL: OUTLAW?!



Jun 30th 2011, 16:12 by E O Hatterpol | 1228 AU FROM SUN

I COULDN'T believe it: I had barely spent any time with Nixie & she already thought I was a coward & a pervert!  I am definitely NOT a pervert.


I was in such a state of shock at losing my first real shot at something special I didn't even hear them the first time they said something.


"Come again?" I asked.


A middle-aged man standing at the Deep Space Observation Deck (DSOD) entrance with his wife and two kids was alternating his gaze between me & the dead zonbi on the floor at my feet.  He looked angry & suspicious.


"I said, what the suction cups is going on here?  Who are you & what have you done to that poor girl?"


I put up my arms & shrugged, palms facing him.  I hadn't done anything!


"I didn't do anything to that zonbi, man, I swear! She just showed up & died on me!"


"A zombie?" he said incredulously.  "Don't be daft, boy.  What's really going on here?"


"Not a zombie, bro!  She's - she WAS - a zonbi.  I don't know what they are either, but it's like they can't think for themselves or do what they want to do when they want to do it.  You could've asked her yourself if you had been here two seconds ago!"


"I don't like your attitude," he said menacingly.  He stepped in front of his wife & kids and put an arm out.  What was he doing, defending them?  From ME?!


"Stay right where you are.  I'm reporting you to Starbase Police, you murderer."


By then, other people had come to rubberneck the incriminating DSOD scene.  They were all looking at me like I was some kind of criminal!  I had to get out of there & find Nixie - fast.


"Forget y'all motherflounders! I'm getting outta h-- whoa-oa-OA!"


I fell flat on my face.  I had tripped!  Everybody gasped in revulsion.  I thought that was a little much; why were they being so dramatic?


"What the shell?" I said, looking back to see what I had snagged my foot on.  And then I realized why they had gasped: I had tripped over the zonbi's face and torn part of it clear off!


I could tell what they were thinking: that disrespectful boy can't be satisfied with just murdering an innocent girl - he has to kick her dead corpse in the face, too!  Sick criminal - he should go to jail & rot there for all spacetime!


OK, I said to myself, I am getting the shell outta here right NOW!  I pushed through the angry man & his family & all the rubberneckers - "Get outta my way!" - and fled the scene of a crime I didn't commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment