Tuesday, May 10, 2011

METEOR KNEE!



May 10th 2011, 10:48 by E O Hatterpol | 107 AU FROM SUN


ONCE I made contact with my Earthbound Flybrarians, I dashed off into the darkness.  Behind me, I could hear the faint sound of metal doors buckling.


I couldn't have known this at the time, but Captain Makemake was forcing his way out of the loading docks.  He crouched some ten feet away from the reinforced sliding doors, motionless.  If you saw him from a distance, you might think he was meditating.  He wasn't.  He was gathering energy.


I tore down those passageways so quickly I almost tripped over myself.  I didn't know him, but I could still see Captain Makemake's ugly face staring back at me through those sliding doors.  I could still feel his jagged fist closing around my guts.  The thought of him spurred me on, pushing me further back into the Flybrary.  Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of something familiar: dark bookstacks.


Steam rolled off Makemake's hunched frame until he was shrouded in fog, but he stayed still.  Without warning, he let out a roar from deep in his belly & shot into the air, hurtling kneefirst towards the sliding doors.  The tip of his knee sparked & caught fire; his cratered thigh looked like a fleshy rock in the throes of atmospheric entry.


"METEOR KNEE!" he yelled.


The door wrenched outwards, warped on impact.  A second pirate - taller & wider than the captain - grabbed hold of the injured doors & wrenched them off their hinges.  Makemake stood in the threshold, the whole of the starship before him.


"Dash it all," he said, frowning, "I forgot my library card.  Maybe that young man we just saw can help me get a new one?"


He sprang forward with a mad glint in his eyes.  It was time for Captain Makemake to have some fun.

2 comments:

  1. CREEPY BOOKSTACKS DARK MONSTER FRIEND THINGIE, HELP HATTERPOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Ravisius Textor for the win! Men made entirely of books rock. They also know martial arts.

    ReplyDelete