Tuesday, March 15, 2011

GOODBYE EARTH, HELLO HOMESPHÆRE!



Mar 15th 2011, 09:28 by E O Hatterpol | LOW EARTH ORBIT

GOODBYE Earth, hello Homesphære! I'm so excited to be on my way, although launch jerked my insides about quite a bit... I'll be figuring out starship bathroom etiquette just as soon as I've posted this note.

I've hitched a ride aboard the Starship Flybrary, a galaxy-class public library shaped like a blue whale; I'll draw you all a picture as soon as I get the chance. I think my quarters are somewhere around the roof of its mouth, so to speak, but I'm still getting my bearings.

We're taking it slow for the moment so we're still in low Earth orbit; I imagine we'll accelerate gently past the planets before really cranking it up beyond the Kuiper belt. I've never seen the planets up-close so I'm really looking forward to it!

The next time I see a green-blue planet as pretty as Earth, I'll be landing on the Homesphære, a newly discovered planet much larger than ours. I've heard tales of strange beasts the size of buildings, new species of man that climb trees or swim the ocean floor, & even giants made of rock.

Please join me on my travels & check back often for updates! Now, where was that bathroom... ?

2 comments:

  1. "ahoy E O! This is your Texas contingency that you left behind on the blue green planet along with your carolinians that they are housing. We read you loud and clear and will keep communications open for your next update. have you found the surprise we left you on the flybrary? Over and out." -that was mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! I did find your note in my suitcase... it was really sweet! I had to keep a stiff upper lip to prevent any man-tears from escaping! I'll miss you all but hope to keep in touch via this blog! Nothing like a little motherly warmth to keep the chill of space at bay!

    ReplyDelete