Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CHARGING AT JUPITER, OR "DETERMINED EYEBROW" MODE




Mar 23rd 2011, 12:49 by E O Hatterpol | SOMEWHERE BETWEEN ASTEROID BELT & JUPITER

HAAAAAANG ONNNN! We are BLASTING towards Jupiter right now! We are going so fast I can feel the entire ship shaking; I can barely drink my cup of tea!!

ARGGH MY CUP OF TEA JUST SPILLED ALL OVER MY CROTCH! CRAP NOW IT'S ALL OVER MY BOOK, TOO!

This is crazy! The captain announced he's putting on the afterburners to make up for lost time; he's probably talking about that asteroid attack yesterday. It's kind of ironic, but literally RIGHT after I posted about the relatively unclogged asteroid belt, we ran into an unexpected clump of nasty rocks floating out there.

Not only did we take a pounding I'd rather not repeat for the rest of my time aboard the Flybrary, but the captain had to slow down to extract the blue whale from that blasted cloud of death-dust.

Luckily, it's nothing but clear skies ahead of us! Only problem: there's a lot of it. The book I checked out the other day tells me there's something like 408,660,000 miles between Jupiter and the outer lip of the asteroid belt.

That's insane!! If I drove a car going 75 miles per hour (because I'm speeding on a highway & trying to keep an eye open for police), it would take me 622 years to make the trip! No wonder the captain is so antsy to make good time!

I'm starting to wonder how much space there is between Earth & the Homesphære; I've got a long journey ahead of me. Luckily, I'm travelling aboard a starship that's positively stacked to the ceilings with books!!

No comments:

Post a Comment